The MaxG Dual Flow Reroute Cooling System meters the water flow between the front and rear of the engine. This improves both overall engine cooling and reduces the temperature difference between the front and rear (cylinders 1 through 4) of the engine.
In addition to more uniform cooling, the Dual Flow system uses a remote thermostat housing for the rear thermostat; installation and maintenance are greatly simplified by this feature.
The stock front thermostat and housing are retained, which also simplifies installation over other rear-only reroutes. Rear-only reroutes require removing and blocking off the front thermostat. This is arguably the best coolant reroute available on the market for the '94-05 Mazda MX-5 Miata!
Features and Benefits
- Improves overall engine cooling
- Reduces the temperature differential between the front and rear of the engine when compared to present rear-only reroute products
- Easier to install and maintain than most rear-only reroutes
- Uses the stock heater hose – no trimming required
- Uses the stock temperature sensor and wiring harness – no wire splices needed
- Retains the stock EGR plumbing – no modifications required